One Definition of Rally:

One definition of rally..."To summon up (one's strength, spirits, etc) or (of a person's health, strength, or spirits) to revive or recover."



If you'd like to know how you can help, please email to juntunenfamily@msn.com

Wednesday, September 21, 2011

Better

Aly said, "today is a good day."  I think mainly because after her treatment, the child life lady talked to us about all the tickets they can get for different attractions in Florida.  She is working on getting us FREE Disney passes.  We can also get passes to Universal Studios and there is a Ripley's Believe it or Not museum in St. Augustine.  Aly is thrilled.  Kevin is planning to visit us next week.  I think, if we get the Disney passes in time, we will make another trip to Orlando.  Something fun to look forward to!  Yes, I think we made a good choice in coming to Florida. 
Thankfully, this week she has not been extremely tired after treatments.  She is still a little worn out, but she's been able to stay awake and participate in evening activities, not that we've been doing much.  It is helpful though, that we can at least get out and about if needed.  She had her first visit from the tutor today.  They worked on Science homework.  I've asked them to focus on Science with Aly because she doesn't like science and I was never a fan of it either.  It is a difficult subject to explain at Aly's level so it is better to have someone else do it!  She's been really good about getting some school work done in the mornings, to my surprise.  She is really enjoying doing a power point presentation for social studies.  I still can't believe kids are able to do so much on the computer these days.  I keep telling Aly and Tom I didn't touch a computer until I was in high school and all we used them for was to make up programs to make the computer screen do funny things.  Do you remember that???  I think in college we could finally do some word processing on them.
Anyways, getting off track...We are settling into a routine and the only difficult thing now is getting her appointment time day to day.  We really can't plan any activities and have to be more spontaneous about our activities, so anything that takes more than a couple of hours is now planned for the weekends.

I want to take a moment to thank the STMA Sea Devils for their generosity in donating the proceeds, from the meat raffle, to our family and Maddie's family.  Coach Michelle and Coach Teri stopped by our house the other night.  I wish I was there to hug you both!  I owe you each one!  Thank you to friends, family and the caring STMA community who attended the raffles.  Thank you also to our wonderful neighbors and swim team parents/families who worked the raffles as well.  Please know  your efforts did not go unnoticed and we truly appreciate the financial assistance we've received, not to mention emotional and spiritual support.  Thank you to those who've sent mail to Aly and me, here in Florida, already.  It lifts our spirits each day we go to the mailbox and find cards and good wishes in there!  I know I've said it before, but I can't say it enough...there are many caring, wonderful people in this world.  Thank you so very much!

1 comment:

  1. Happy to hear that Aly is doing well! Have a wonderful time in Orlando, we were there in 2004 when we also visited Jack and Jan. Wouuuu time goes so fast! Hope to see soon in France, Filip is waiting for Aly to climb together at the top of the Eiffel Tour! Best wishes to all!

    ReplyDelete