One Definition of Rally:

One definition of rally..."To summon up (one's strength, spirits, etc) or (of a person's health, strength, or spirits) to revive or recover."



If you'd like to know how you can help, please email to juntunenfamily@msn.com

Thursday, March 14, 2013

Working!

I've had so much going on, the time has gotten away from me AGAIN!!   Sorry for the delay in posting!  I can't believe it is March 14th!  Goodwill is opening a new store in Maple Grove (a second one) and I am now working there.  I have been in the process of training my replacement at the old store and trying to get organized at the new store.  I have been working over 40 hours a week (my usual is 25 hours) doing both.  So, I've been feeling a bit overwhelmed.  I don't know how I ever worked 40 hours before (when Tom was younger and when I was younger! :)).  Kudos to you moms who do.  It is not easy!  The saving grace is that my fabulous mother was in town, visiting, and she kept me caught up at home doing dishes, laundry and keeping Aly busy!  Thank you Mom!  My pocket book also thanks you because I will get a nice paycheck tomorrow!
This week, things are slowing down.  The new store opens tomorrow.  They are having a preview sale from 4-7pm if you are interested.  You will need to buy a $7 ticket at the door.  Otherwise they open for usual business on Saturday.  It is off of Elm Creek Blvd by US Bank.
Ok, on to Aly...
Things are at a maintenance level.  Which is good.  Our busy day, of the week, is Thursday.  She has physical therapy and then we travel to Children's in Mpls.  for yoga.  Aly is really enjoying both.  Sister Kenny is a great place for kids!  Aly is doing all sorts of things.  I don't know how some of the exercises pertain to hand/arm strength, but it sure looks fun.  I guess it has to do with coordination and the therapist was explaining something about balance and middle ear function and getting the brain to work with the ears/eyes.  I don't know, but is somehow helping.  One thing Aly struggled with is spreading butter or peanut butter on bread.  They had her test her ability, at the clinic, last week and she did it great!  I am so happy that we found them after all the struggles of searching!
The yoga has been enjoyable for both of us.  It is not a strenuous yoga.  They focus on simple stretches and breathing.  It is so very relaxing.  I hate having to get in the car and drive home afterwards.  Kevin joined us this evening.  He was catching a bus, tonight, in Mpls., to go visit Tom, in Nebraska, so we dropped him off after yoga.  Tom has spring break this coming week, so Kevin is going down for an extended weekend and they will drive back here, together, on Tuesday.  They are hoping it will be warm enough to play some golf down there and Tom has a hockey game on Monday he wants to play in.
KNOCK ON WOOD, the increase in growth hormone dosage is not affecting Aly's sleep or medication to control the urine output.  What a relief!  Hopefully, this increase will give her the growth spurt we are all looking for.  She continues to have the stupid jaw locks.  Not any worse, not any better.  Just a consistent frustration, along with having to give herself a shot every night for the growth hormones.
Two Saturdays ago, Aly and I had a girl's day out with my sister (Aunt Jill).  Jill lives downtown Mpls. Aly and I drove to her place and from there Jill drove us to Uptown.  It was a lovely weather day, if you remember, nice and sunny and rather warm.  We had a blast shopping and having lunch with Jill.  We found some really cute things and really cute stores.  We happened upon a shop called Bobiam.  They feature, artwork, and clothing with artwork printed on it, all done by kids under 18.  It was very cool.  They also have art classes, yoga classes and some baking classes for kids.  Check them out if you are looking for something fun to do.  Aly found a really cute hat (pictured below).  You can't quite see it in totality, but it has a pinwheel knitted into the top.  I couldn't pass it up.  It fits Aly's personality so perfectly.  The shop had many knit hats done by a teenage girl.  She knits funny things into them.  Some had nerf darts sticking out, others had pastel Christmas type ornaments hanging down.  Just awesome.  We enjoyed a late lunch at the Uptown Diner, after shopping...very yummy food!  It was a good time had by all!  We are going to join Jill, this weekend for the new Wizard of Oz movie.  While the boys are away, the girls will play!  :)  Sounds like it will be a good weekend for a movie.  "Oh, the weather outside is frightful..."
Other than that, time keeps marching forward...very quickly!  I wish spring would come faster...it is so nice of the weather people to keep reminding us how warm it was last March.


No comments:

Post a Comment