One Definition of Rally:

One definition of rally..."To summon up (one's strength, spirits, etc) or (of a person's health, strength, or spirits) to revive or recover."



If you'd like to know how you can help, please email to juntunenfamily@msn.com

Monday, May 27, 2013

Happy Memorial Day!

Thank you to my faithful followers that took the extra time to send me a picture and show your support of Brain Cancer Awareness Month.  Please know that I appreciate your time and effort and it is comforting to know you are in our corner!

I hope that more will come in before the end of the month.  I would REALLY like to see more!  I must say I am surprised that so few have come in, in this age of social media and how easy it is to take, download, and send pictures.  

I've been feeling like an emotional mess lately.  I feel like I've been searching for the next chapter and what I'm supposed to do with my life.  I feel like there is something I am supposed to do, but I can't put my finger on it.  I've been praying and asking for answers.  Although, I don't feel like I've gotten a straight answer yet, I think it is coming in some form.  I keep hearing, "help people."  For me, the introvert, I'm not sure what that entails.  I keep thinking about how one person, like me, with limited finances, with limited contacts and connections, "what can I do to help people."  

I am going to take time to see if I can figure this out.  I am also going to put together a book that will combine my blog and pictures I've taken along this journey of helping Aly through cancer.  Maybe, that is my way of helping, bring the knowledge and experience to others.  I also see others starting foundations, and here again, I'd like to do that, but I'm not sure how to do that.  I think brain cancer needs more attention.  I'd like to see it get the attention that breast cancer gets.  We need better treatment options.  Of all the cancers, I believe brain cancer/tumors leave behind the most damaging after effects and life long issues.  

Anyways, this is my way of saying, I'm going to take time away from the blog.  Even though I know it is a good communication tool and a way to get, how Aly is doing, out there, it is also become isolation in a way.  Although I am aware that we live in a new age where people get a majority of information off the internet and other types of electronic devices, I have found that my blog shuts down the personal communication line.  It is difficult to share this journey and not get feedback, words of encouragement, a listening ear when necessary.  It has, except for a faithful handful of people, been a one way communication road.  So, I need to let it go for a while.  My love and gratitude goes to everyone who's helped us through to this point.  The journey and battle continues on!  Our email is listed above, there is still a Rally 4 Aly Facebook page which I will continue to post Aly's schedule and events on and also continue to try to raise awareness on.        

Thank you for following Aly's story, and my blog....yours truly!  


Showing that Grey Matters!  :)

1 comment:

  1. It is on my list! You will be getting our "Grey" pics soon!

    Also...I couldn't believe your 3rd paragraph!!! That describes how I've been feeling lately, almost exactly! I, too, have taken a little break from my blog...also from my sewing business. Waiting on God...not sure what He has in store. It's so hard to wait. Then I wonder, "is it so obvious but I'm so thick headed that I just can't figure it out?". I wish God's plans would drop like a brick right in front of me...

    I'll be praying that you find your path!
    Tiffany

    ReplyDelete