One Definition of Rally:

One definition of rally..."To summon up (one's strength, spirits, etc) or (of a person's health, strength, or spirits) to revive or recover."



If you'd like to know how you can help, please email to juntunenfamily@msn.com

Saturday, July 30, 2011

At a loss

As some of you may have figured out, knowing we were anxious for the MRI results yesterday, and seeing I hadn't posted anything yet, we did not receive good news yesterday.  In fact we received horrible news.
I had such a good feeling yesterday morning before the MRI.  When I woke up, the first thing that I heard in my head was, "the MRI is clear."  It was like someone talked to me and said that.  Honestly that, for me, was a sign that good things were to come.
It is with pure sadness that I share with you that not only is Aly's tumor not gone, but they found another tumor that has grown and a couple of other "hot spots" that are showing activity.  We obviously were not expecting anything like this.  Her tumor was responding so well to the chemo.  How is it possible for these to come about so quickly?  The last MRI was just 2 months ago.  Being in total shock, we could not think of questions to ask, things to do, we just wanted to escape and take Aly out of there.  Aly was able to come home yesterday.
I don't know what to say...I have never cried as much as I did yesterday.  When the RN came into Aly's room and asked Kevin and I to come talk with her and we left Aly there wondering it was awful.  It was the most horrible thing to have to listen to the RN tell Aly the news and Aly knowing that we'd been crying.  It is so not fair.  This sweet little soul started out her life in a tough situation.  She spent about 3 months in a Russian hospital with a skull fracture only to move on to an orphanage for another 12 months.  We brought her home when she was 18 months old.  For this to be happening now, I don't understand it.  She's been through so much already.  I don't know where our path will be leading next.  Our main doctor was out of town at a seminar yesterday.  We were unable to talk with her.  We are hoping to hear from her today.  They are regrouping and figuring out the next step.  It is not going to be easy.  I don't know that they know what the next step will be.  Because there is new growth they are not optimistic that further rounds of chemo will be helpful.  Because there is more than one area of growth they are not optimistic about surgery.
The new tumor is in her frontal lobe.  They are saying it could affect her behavior.  It could also cause seizures.  They have started her on a medicine to help prevent seizures.  I am so scared for this little girl and scared that I will not have the strength or knowledge to help her.  I can't stop the tears from flowing, but I know they need to stop flowing.  We need to focus on the fight.  Please continue to pray for Aly.  Please pray for the doctors to find the knowledge and best plan for Aly.  Please pray for our family to have the strength and courage to continue this battle.        

11 comments:

  1. I am at a loss for words, also. I am praying for all of you. I am crying for all of you. Love you all so much.

    ReplyDelete
  2. We are so sorry to hear this news. Aly & your family are in our thoughts & prayers.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm so sorry to hear this news. We will keep praying for wisdom for the medical team, strength for all of you to face each day and each decision. Praying that God would give peace and comfort during such a difficult time.
    Phil. 4:13 " I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me." "Trust in the Lord with all your heart, lean not on your own understandings, in all your ways acknowledge Him and He shall direct your path." Proverbs 3:5,6
    Hold onto the promises of God's Word. "He will never leave you nor forsake you." "Nothing is impossible for God." "The Lord is my Light and my salvation, I shall not be afraid". "God is my refuge and strength." I don't know what God's plan is for all of you. But I do know He loves you all dearly and nothing can separate us from that love. I don't understand why He has allowed this to happen. I do know that He will provide you everything you need to see you through this time.
    Love,
    Jimella and family

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have been following Aly's blog and was hopeful and optimistic - I was sad to read the latest blog. I can only pray that they will find something to help her through this. I can't imagine what it must be like for you guys. We will keep you in our thoughts and prayers.

    Rhonda and Shad.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Kevin, Jayne, & Tom-

    You are in our thoughts and prayers. We know the future is very uncertain right now, but you will get thru it- together. This sucks (Jayne- u know I have a way with words) and it makes no sense. Please know that soooo many people care and are thinking about you and praying for you.

    God's Peace-
    Scott, Tracey, Shawn, and Shane

    ReplyDelete
  6. The Wesloh's in Bemidji were so saddened to read of the things happening to Aly right now and to all of you. Our thoughts and prayers go out to you all and we pray that a miracle will happen soon to reverse this awful disease. Give our love to Aly, and also to Jack and Jan if they are still there.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I had feared disappointing news when i didn't see you post anything yesterday. It just stinks! I know you feel at a loss right now and beaten down, but you will pick yourself up and be able to be strong for Aly. Some how, some way you will be able to handle what lies ahead. Praying for you guys.
    - Nancy

    ReplyDelete
  8. I can't find the words for comfort. Just know that we are here for you and are here for you and are praying as always for Aly (as well as you, Kevin & Tom).

    Love, Sam, Sheila & Girls

    ReplyDelete
  9. We are still in shock from these terrible news, can't find words to describe sadness and dissapointment..Your whole familly is in our thoughts, we pray for you!
    Love and courage from Vesna, Vlatko,Ema and Filip

    ReplyDelete
  10. There are no words that can make this any better for you, I know- but we will continue to pray for answers, pray for strength, pray for hope and pray for healing.

    The Thiemann family

    ReplyDelete
  11. I am so sorry for what your whole family has had to go through. We are praying that Aly will be healed. I don't have the words for you other then we will just keep on praying!
    Stacy Borchardt

    ReplyDelete