One Definition of Rally:

One definition of rally..."To summon up (one's strength, spirits, etc) or (of a person's health, strength, or spirits) to revive or recover."



If you'd like to know how you can help, please email to juntunenfamily@msn.com

Sunday, October 28, 2012

jaw locks

Well, the doctor said it would take 3-5 days for the botox to start working.  On day 4, Aly went through the day without a single jaw lock.  She was thrilled.  She had activity night at school so she didn't have a chance to tell Kevin the news before she left for that.  She told me to, "make sure you tell Dad I didn't have ANY jaw locks today.  I even ate one of those caramels and it didn't do anything."  She said she hadn't felt anything in the jaw area.  Usually she gets a tight feeling or it just locks, but this day nothing!
However, yesterday she had a jaw lock and just the one.  I was doing some cleaning and Aly came in and said, "Mom, my jaw just locked."  Oh, you could read the disappointment all over her face.  She was ready to cry.  I didn't really say anything as I was right in the middle of my cleaning project.  I should've stopped and said something or give her a hug.  She left the room for a little while.  Then she came back and sat on our bed.  Kevin was in the room and I was in the adjoining bathroom, still cleaning.  I heard Kevin ask her why she looked so upset.  She started to explain how she "went through the botox for nothing."  Kevin and I both said she has seen improvements and I reminded her that it was day 5 and the doctor said 3-5 days.  I encouraged her and said that even an improvement, being less jaw locks, should be worth it.  I hope this works.  I hope she has more days like she did on Friday, with NO jaw locks.  Sometimes I feel like I am giving false hope, or trying to convince myself that these things will work.  I hate these disappointments as much as Aly does.  I wish a long string of positives would start happening for her!

No comments:

Post a Comment