One Definition of Rally:

One definition of rally..."To summon up (one's strength, spirits, etc) or (of a person's health, strength, or spirits) to revive or recover."



If you'd like to know how you can help, please email to juntunenfamily@msn.com

Saturday, October 22, 2011

Saying Goodbyes...


Today, Aly and I took, what may be, our last visit to the beach.  We stopped at a park that is called Huguenot Park.  It is a beach camping area.  It is at a spot where the ocean meets a water inlet.  There, I got to drive my jeep on the beach.  We parked and walked over to the inlet side.  There was a huge ship coming into port so we sat and watched that go by.  We also saw dolphins for the first time on this trip to Florida!  Cool!  After spending some time there we went back to our favorite spot, Little Talbot Island.  We began our walk, on the beach, by stopping to ask a fisherman what type of fish he catches right off the beach.  Unfortunately, I cannot remember what he called the fish.  He showed us one that he had caught.  It was a large white fish.  I think part of the reason I cannot remember is because I was trying to digest what he said to Aly.  He asked, "What is being done to her?"  Adults can be thoughtless sometimes.  We told him Aly was down here for radiation and that she had brain cancer.  He asked how old she was and we told him.  Then he says, "Well, 10 years old is too young to die."  I'm like, "well that's NOT going to happen!"  What is up with that?
We continued on down the beach.  We came across many more interesting things today.  Aly found a nice driftwood stick that we decided would make a good walking stick.  We saw what we believed looked like a dead puffer fish.  One of those spikey looking fish.  We found some more amazing sea shells and just enjoyed listening to the surf on our long walk.  On our way back Aly used her stick to trace her trail (dragging it behind her).  At one point she wrote "goodbye Florida" on the beach.  We continued on and actually came across 2 vultures picking at a dead bird.  Yes, I'm talking real, bird type, vultures.  I even confirmed it with the park ranger.  Vultures are native to Florida.  Finally, we came to the path we took from the car to the beach.  I stopped to take a last look around.  Then I turned to look at what Aly was doing.  I guess she had one more message to write with her stick.  It said, "No 1 fights alone."  We continued on down the boardwalk to the car.  Yes, it was a beautiful afternoon...

2 comments:

  1. Beautiful, just beautiful. Aly, you are so correct - no one fights alone. :) xoxo I love that. I am putting those wise words in my memory!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aly and Jayney,,,,,,,,,,,,you make me want to come back to Florida,,,,,,,what a nice day you must have had. We love you both....Dad/Gramps

    ReplyDelete