One Definition of Rally:

One definition of rally..."To summon up (one's strength, spirits, etc) or (of a person's health, strength, or spirits) to revive or recover."



If you'd like to know how you can help, please email to juntunenfamily@msn.com

Friday, August 12, 2011

Already Friday

You know you've been at the hospital too often when the guy at the welcome desk sees you walk by and he has your name badge printed out before you walk up. I took the overnight shift and when I got up this morning I went down to the cafeteria. There is a welcome desk off to the side as you walk into the cafeteria. I went to get a little breakfast and on my way back I stopped at the welcome desk and asked to get a new name badge for the day (have to have the current date). He picks up one that was already printed and hands it to me. I look at and it was my name. I must've looked a little dumbfounded as he said, "I saw you walk by." Ok, well first my old name badge was covered up by my sweatshirt so he couldn't have seen my name. Second, how did he know I hadn't already gotten one or that I needed one?? Wow, that's good.
Anyways, I had to share that story.
Aly is still in intensive care, they've been wanting to move her up to the cancer floor, but there haven't been any rooms available! It sounds like they will move her this afternoon. I wish I had magic wand to make her feel better. She's not happy. She will not cooperate with the nurses or doctors. Of course it doesn't help that she usually is sleeping when they come in and want to check her out. The RN from neurosurgery was in at 8am wanting her to open her eyes so he could do some vision tests. Then he shined the bright light in her eyes. Not fun. She said she couldn't see anything in her right eye, which was different from what she said last night. Last night she said she could see me standing on the side of her bed. Her eye was less swollen last night. This morning it is quite puffy again, so hopefully that is the cause. Or maybe she just said that so he'd go away. I'm not looking forward to making her get up and walk. She needs to, but she doesn't want to!
Her bandage was taken off her head this morning. It was hard to look at all those stitches! But I will say it is quite impressive. They look evenly spaced and very neatly done. I wonder if Dr. McCue has a side job as a tailor?

1 comment:

  1. I've been following all of your updates and I've been saying my prayers for Aly. Tell her that she's in my thoughts and that I want her to know I've been deeply concerned for her. If there is anything I can do just e-mail me and I'll try my best for her.

    Thinking of you,
    John Sherman

    ReplyDelete