One Definition of Rally:

One definition of rally..."To summon up (one's strength, spirits, etc) or (of a person's health, strength, or spirits) to revive or recover."



If you'd like to know how you can help, please email to juntunenfamily@msn.com

Friday, April 29, 2011

Tired is the word of the day...Everyone is tired.  Kevin stayed at the hospital last night and neither he nor Aly got much sleep.  I was at home and got more sleep than they did, but still feel tired.
Aly was on some medication that was making her see things that weren't there.  She kept saying she saw webs around her and also letters on her stuffed monkeys.  She also said today, that she felt like Johnny Depp.  She didn't know why she said that, but I'm thinking it is because she watched Pirates of the Caribbean last weekend.  In that movie he is tipsy from drinking rum all the time, so that is my guess.
She also couldn't relax last night, or this morning.  While I was there today, she seemed overly sensitive to everything.  Things were causing her pain that shouldn't really cause her pain and she just couldn't relax.  She was ornery.  She was fidgety.  She wanted to be somewhere else.  I worked on getting her to think about something else.  I rubbed her hand, told her to close her eyes, and pretend she was in a hot air balloon floating in the sky.  It was probably pure exhaustion, but she fell asleep while I was talking her through that. She fell asleep around 2 this afternoon and slept a couple of hours.  Other than that, she was doing much better with her throat and wasn't coughing much at all.  I am at home again tonight.  Planning to work in the morning a bit.  Kevin called me a few minutes ago and said she was sleeping again.  YEAH!  Hopefully we'll all be less tired tomorrow!  

2 comments:

  1. I love the visual of your hot air balloon story. What a wonderful mom you are. My heart & prayers are with you all. ~Cathy Thomas

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hope you all got some sleep last night! Glad that Aly is off the ventilator and hope that she will be able to rest easy soon. Sending well wishes your way!

    ReplyDelete